Words to live by: Make today your best day ever!

Make today your best day ever!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Enough of my spouting off about what I have planned for 2011...what will YOU be doing?

Here's a small, oft heard piece of advice - tomorrow is never guaranteed. I'd like to think I can find something new in every day, and "new" doesn't have to mean anything necessarily earth - shattering or life changing. Many days when it's too wet out side I'll check out maps and begin to wonder if I could make it over a certain trail or pass...after all, the map is flat, so the imagination can run wild. Which it does...always.

Or I can simply add to my vocabulary. Having dictionaries all pver the place means never having to go a day without learning a new word. Since I believe our power lies in our ability to communicate with each other, I've found adding words to my vocabulary each day to be rewarding. After all, how else would I be able to assess whether I'm being lugubrious or sardonic, obsequious or saccharine? You get the picture. Words are awesome.

2011 will be The Story of Your Life, with 365 chapters. Live well, fill in all the details because your story has tremendous value. I look forward to hearing a chapter or two, perhaps around a campfire somewhere.

I've got 42 minutes until 2011 here in sunny California. There's a good chance I'll do something tomorrow that I've never done before. May 2011 be the year of your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment